You can expect 1 or 2 questions on keyboard shortcuts. You may already know most of these. But it is good to refresh your knowledge so that you will not lose marks in these questions.
To test your memory, you should attend the short online practice test at the end.
Shortcut Keys Using Ctrl Key:
- Ctrl + C – Copy the selected text or object.
- Ctrl + V – Paste the selected text or object.
- Ctrl + X – Cut the selected text or object.
- Ctrl + Z – Undo the last action.
- Ctrl + Y – Redo the last action.
- Ctrl + G – Go to particular page.
- Ctrl + S – Save the file.
- Ctrl + W – Close window or tab.
- Ctrl + N – New Window.
- Ctrl + A – Select all.
- Ctrl + P – Print the current page.
- Ctrl + O – Open a document.
- Ctrl + ESC – Open start menu.
- Ctrl + Tab – Used to switch between tabs in a program.
- Ctrl + Home – Move the cursor to the beginning of the document.
- Ctrl + End – Move the cursor to the end of a document.
- Ctrl + Backspace – Delete a full word at a time instead of single character.
- Ctrl + Right Arrow – Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next word.
- Ctrl + Left Arrow – Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous word.
- Ctrl + Down Arrow – Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next paragraph.
- Ctrl + Up Arrow – Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous paragraph.
Shortcuts Using Shift Key:
- Shift + Delete – Used to delete selected file or document permanently.
Shortcut Keys Using Window Key:
- Win – Open or close start menu.
- Win + D – Display the Desktop.
- Win + M – Minimize all Windows.
- Shift + Win + M – Undo minimize all.
- Win + E – Open my computer.
- Win + F – Find or Search box.
- Win + L – Lock the keyboard.
- Win + R – Open Run at startup menu.
Ready for short practice test?
Start Test Here
You can type your doubts in the comments section below. You can also suggest improvements to the above tutorial